Monday, February 6, 2012

Dry Patches & Grease

About a month ago, my scalp was extremely dry.  I had dry patches throughout my scalp. It was itchy and flaky. I could not wear black clothes because my shoulders would be covered with snow! I did not know what happened to my hair.  Was I stressed, dehydrated or did I have an allergic reaction to something?  

I live in Atlanta.  We have full on seasons here and now that it is Winter time the dryness of the air along with the cold requires me to add extra moisture and keep my hair and scalp protected.  I have been protecting my ends by wearing up hair styles, head wraps and crochet caps.  I notice that my hair is moisturized and my scalp is so much better.

The first thing I did to restore the health to my scalp was cleansed it with apple cider vinegar.  I used 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water. I parted my hair in 6 plats and poured the mixture onto my scalp and massaged it generously.  

I actually let the ACV stay on over night in a plastic cap and then I covered the cap with a scarf.  The smell is strong, so beware!  The next day I washed it and put in a leave in conditioner.   I twisted my hair and greased my scalp with Blue Magic Organics.

I was raised using grease on my hair.  The moment I decided not to use it, my scalp suffered and changed. My plan now is to do research on products that will work with my hair type, as I want to use a product  line instead of mix match products.  I am no product junkie, so I will finish what I have purchased before buying more!


No comments:

Post a Comment