Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cantu Shea Butter Recipe


This is my favorite leave-in conditioner for natural hair. I know a lot of naturals pay big money for great hair. However, I look for alternative and inexpensive ways to make my hair look nice and have found that Cantu Shea Butter from Walmart for under $5.00 works quite well.

A young lady on YouTube also shared her recipe with me on how I can make my very own leave-in conditioner so I wanted to share it with you.

Mock Cantu (Shea Butter Conditioning Cream)

1 Tbsp Shea Butter
1 Tbsp Conditioner (any conditioner you like)
1/2 Tbsp Oil of your choice
A few drops of essentials oils that compliment your hair type and scent preference.

Mix all ingredients together well. Use Shea Butter at room temperature. Once mixed, place in a small, sealed container.

Use a pea-sized amount on the lower length of your hair. If applied to damp hair, it may feel sticky. Once your hair is dry, however, your hair will feel very soft and silky.

For a very thick creamy mixture:

2 Tbsp Shea Butter
5 Tbsp Conditioner ( I used Organix Tea Tree Mint)
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
5 Drops rosemary EO
5 Drops Tea Tree EO
10 Drops Peppermint EO
1Tsp Vitamin E oil (to preserve)






*Thanks Bodly Sweet* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment